COTA New Member offer – $50 Westfield Gift Card
For becoming our newest COTA Member
we’d like to give you a
$50 Westfield Gift Card
for each selected COTA Insurance policy you take out over the phone in the next 90 days*
Plus, just for getting a quote on a selected COTA Insurance policy in the next 90 days*, we’ll extend
your COTA Membership for 12 months absolutely FREE^.
Call us on
1300 1300 50
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to participate in the offer forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this offer is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Insurance and Membership Services Limited trading as COTA Insurance ABN 59 057 159 743 of 16 Hutt Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, telephone number 1300 1300 50.
- *This offer starts from the date on the email offer you received and ends 90 days from this date (Offer Period). All references to time recorded throughout these Terms and Conditions are a reference to the local time in Adelaide, South Australia.
- This offer is open to all Australian residents, over the age of 18, who are new COTA Members (‘Eligible Members’).
- This offer is not open to any employees of Insurance and Membership Services Limited trading as COTA Insurance or their family members.
- An ‘Eligible Policy’ is any of the following new COTA Insurance policies with a total minimum premium of at least $200 AUD:
- Home Buildings;
- Home Contents;
- Home Buildings and Contents;
- Comprehensive Car;
- Caravan & Trailer;
- Travel Insurance, but only in the following categories:
- Comprehensive International Plan;
- Basic International Plan;
- Annual Frequent Traveller Plan; or
- Domestic Plan.
Renewals and variations of existing policies are excluded from this offer.
- Eligible Members who purchase a new Eligible Policy by telephone during the Offer Period will receive:
- a $50 Westfield Gift Card; and
- a 12 month extension to their existing COTA membership.
One (1) $50 Westfield Gift Card will be awarded for each Eligible Policy purchased by an Eligible Member by telephone during the Offer Period. However, the 12 month extension to their existing COTA membership will only apply to the first Eligible Policy purchased by the Eligible Member by telephone during the Offer Period and will not apply to subsequent Eligible Policies purchased by the Eligible Member during the Offer Period.
- Eligible Members who obtain a quote for an Eligible Policy by telephone during the Offer Period, but who do not proceed to purchase an Eligible Policy, will receive a 12 month extension to their existing COTA membership. However, the 12 month extension to their existing COTA membership will only apply to the first quote obtained by the Eligible Member by telephone during the Offer Period and will not apply to subsequent quotes obtained by the Eligible Member during the Offer Period. Further, the 12 month extension to their existing COTA membership will not apply if the Eligible Member is eligible to extend their existing COTA membership pursuant to clause 5.
CONDITIONS OF OFFER
- To take advantage of this offer:
- the Eligible Member must not have purchased an Eligible Policy in the past 12 months (other than policies taken out under this new member offer);
- the Eligible Member must inform COTA Insurance at the time of requesting the quote that they are a recipient of the ‘new member offer’;
- the Eligible Member must meet the underwriting and eligibility criteria for the Eligible Policy; and
- an Eligible Policy must be held for at least 30 days.
LIMITATIONS TO OFFER
- This offer is only available for quotes obtained or policies purchased over the telephone (by dialling 1300 1300 50) and is not available for quotes obtained or policies purchased through COTA Insurance’s website.
- The offer does not apply to existing COTA Insurance policy holders.
- The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This offer is not valid where a policy is cancelled or where the premium remains unpaid.
- The $50 Westfield Gift Card will be sent to the Eligible Member by mail after 30 days and within 60 days of the policy purchase date. COTA Insurance takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail. Usage of the Westfield Gift Cards is subject to the terms and conditions issued by Scentre Group Limited (https://www.westfieldgiftcards.com.au/Online/Information/TermsConditions). Any ancillary costs associated with the use of a Westfield Gift Card are not included. The Westfield Gift Card, or any unused balance of a Westfield Gift Card, is not transferrable, refundable or redeemable for cash. If a Westfield Gift Card or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Eligible Member is liable for payment of such tax.
- Extension of the Eligible Member’s COTA membership will occur from the expiry date of the existing COTA membership and is limited to one 12 month extension per membership.
- COTA Insurance reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
- COTA Insurance reserves the right to verify the validity of each entry and to disqualify any person who COTA Insurance has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of this offer. Failure by COTA Insurance to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. COTA Insurance’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Entry is conditional on providing the requested personal information. By entering into this offer, entrants consent to the retention, use and disclosure of entrants’ personal information by COTA Insurance in the following ways:
- for the purposes of conducting the offer and any matter connected to the offer;
- sending entrants publications and communications about events, promotions, products and services. This includes distributing marketing material for goods and services offered by COTA Insurance, its related bodies corporate and businesses which have arrangements with COTA Insurance or its related bodies corporate. By opting in at the time of entry, entrants agree that communications may be sent to them by post, email and SMS.
COTA Insurance may disclose personal information to third parties for the above purposes, including but not limited to agents, contracts, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. For the purpose of conducting this offer and sending offers and information to entrants, COTA Insurance will not disclose the entrant’s personal information to entities outside of Australia.